Update to Vermont rules on recreational sports
Effective February 12th.
Gov. Scott has advanced youth sports to "Phase 3".
In an announcement on Friday February 5th, Gov. Scott stated that as of Friday, February 12, organized youth leagues and school-based sports programs (serving individuals age 19 years and younger) may resume the following activities:
- Games, meets and competitions.
For the full "Youth Sports Guidance" update click here.
While coaches and players will be extremely excited at this news, we want to reassure our membership that we will continue to exercise extreme caution at all our events and continue to follow state and Nordic mandates.
- Masks remain essential at all times, in all areas
- Sanitize when entering and exiting the building
- No high 5s, hugging, or other close contact during games & goal celebrations
- Continue to social-distance during breaks and in locker areas
- Limit car pooling where possible, and always wear a mask when carpooling.
We know this feels like a step in the right direction for youth sports, but we also know that we still have local communities who are experiencing Covid spikes and outbreaks.
If we want to ensure our kids play this Spring, we must continue to be vigilant and exercise good judgement in everything we do.
It's WE not ME.
You can count on us to do our part.
Nordic will continue to follow the lead of its governing body and will continue to work with VSA and the State of Vermont and keep you informed of any updates.
We very much appreciate your assistance, patience, and support during this time.
One Club, One Community.
Yours in Soccer,
Jim, Craig and the Nordic Team.