Questions: contact Director of Coaching Jim Goudie (Jim@nordicsoccer.org).
Applications can be emailed to : Jim@nordicsoccer.org or maled to:
Nordic Soccer Club, PO Box 674, Essex Jct., VT 05453
JOB DESCRIPTION – DIRECTOR of GIRLS PROGRAM - NORDIC SOCCER CLUB
Nordic Soccer Club Mission Statement: The mission of Nordic Soccer Club is to provide our players with the highest level of soccer coaching, facilities and play available.
Nordic Soccer Club Vision Statement: Nordic Soccer Club is a culture of excellence, committed to: skill development and personal growth, building community ties and creating memorable, life experiences all centered around a passion for the game of soccer!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct and implement Nordic Soccer Girls program per guidelines of the US Soccer curriculum. through teaching and coaching both players and coaches.
• Work closely with the Director of Coaching to implement player development.
• Organize skills clinics, monitor measures and share with Director of Coaching.
• Collaborate with Director of Coaching to coordinate tryouts to include development and implementation of a tryout structure that best recognizes the abilities and strengths of the potential players.
• Develop selected players through individual skills, technical training, and team training: all monitored by the DOC as part of the coaching assessment and training session evaluations.
• Resolution of player/family girls team coaching disputes as needed.
• Oversee player evaluations by individual team girls team coaches.
• Responsible for the management of the girl’s team coaching staff.
• Train and monitor team coaches and help them implement training sessions.
• Conduct and implement at least semi-annual team coaches meetings/assessments.
• Be a liaison between team coaches and the Director of Coaching.
• Girls team organization to include, recruitment of licensed Head and Assistant coaches to train players at the individual and team level to allow players to meet the individual and collective goals for the teams. • Collaborate with Director of Operations and Director of Coaching to develop a Code-of Conduct for Coaches, Players and Parents.
• Evaluate and assess girl’s coaches and their teams, once during the Indoor Season and additionally prior to State Cup, and prior to season’s end.
REPORT & MEETINGS
• Maintain electronic contact with the Director of Coaching during the business hours as directed by the Board of Directors.
• Attend all relevant club meetings.
• Attend and provide a comprehensive report to the Board of Directors at the monthly Board meetings.
• Perform the duties Head Coach of two girls’ teams as necessary.
• Demonstrates outstanding leadership qualities, is an ambassador to the community and embodies the values and spirit of Nordic Soccer Club.
• Cultivate a love for the game by working with the club’s resources to provide an environment that creates a positive culture, promote player and athletic development within a sportsmanlike atmosphere and teamwork for our female soccer players.
• Licensed professional, with solid coaching, and leadership experience preferred.
• Direct all aspects of GO NORDIC program.
• Sense of humor!
• Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills.
• Ability to relate to, and motivate, youth and young adults.
• Possess high level of integrity and follow ethically sound standards as outlined by US Youth Soccer and The Vermont Soccer Association.
• Oversee parent meetings after Tryouts/team selections for girls’ teams
• Program Development will extend to marketing, camps, clinics, meetings, seminars and indoor training as well as program related aspects.
• Cultivate strong relationships with players and families.
• Committed to working in a non-traditional work schedule.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Position requires excellent communication skills, strong writing and organizational skills; knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Email) as well as other productivity tools. • Proactive, ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to lead teams of volunteers and employees. Applicant must be resourceful and able to perform a variety of administrative and organizational tasks with a creative approach to problem solving.
• Applicant possesses the ability to thrive in a detail-oriented environment and exhibit flexibility on a wide range of tasks.
• Applicant must have strong inter-personal skills, demonstrate dependability and be well spoken.
• Prior involvement in soccer programs.
• Candidate must pass criminal background check to be eligible for consideration. Candidate must be a US Citizen or possess a valid green card for work in the United States.
• This year-round position is salaried position and will average 45 hours per week, with flexibility in how those hours are scheduled. The position will require working days, evenings and weekends (attendance at weekend tournaments as well as attendance at NSC board of director meetings).
• Reports to Director of Coaching and the Nordic Soccer Club Board of Directors as a voting member.
• Compensation is commensurate experience. The position pays a range of 28,000 - $35,000 per year. There is the potential to earn additional income through coaching assignments. Relocation assistance is not included.
• Benefits: Nordic provides Health & Dental benefits, details to be provided during the interview process.