New programming for our youngest age group.
The Nordic U8 Development Academy will provide year-round programming for our youngest Boys & Girls. The goal of the academy is to train players on the fundamentals of the game, reinforce Nordic’s key core values - work ethic; standards; teamwork - and to continue to nourish a love of the game.
The NDA is for players born in 2014 and 2015.
The U8 Development Academy will run from Nov. through June. Sessions include Nordic’s 3 winter sessions - approx. Oct. 28 through April 20; and the Spring session, approximately May through June. Each session is approximately 6 to 7 weeks. Players are not obligated to sign up for each session.
The benefits of the program include continuity for the players and coaches; an opportunity to develop as part of our Nordic community as they train alongside our Nordic teams at our Indoor Center; and of course, practice makes permanent so the more hours our young players can spend training well together, the higher chance of positive soccer development.
Wednesday 4pm Group Trainings
Friday 4pm League Play
Session 1 Dates
Wednesdays - Practice - 4pm to 5pm - 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 12/8, 12/15 and 12/22.
Fridays - Games - 4pm to 5pm - 10/29, 11/5, 11/12, 11/19, 12/10 and 12/17.
Cost: $210 per session.
Sign up Now - click here.
Registration deadline is Weds October 20th.
Session 1 - Oct 29 through Dec
Session 2 - Jan & Feb
Session 3 - March & April
Spring Session: May & June
Come join us, and please let us know of any questions.
NISC COVID Protocols.
Taking into account the current COVID situation in our community, and especially in our local schools, we will implement the protocols below to keep your player, your family, and our staff safe.
Our goal is to play all winter, and there are many things within our control that will help us do that.
We hope you understand that given the circumstances we need to hold a hard line to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- All players and staff will wear masks on and off the field during Nordic practice and games.
- Trainings sessions will be for players only.
- 1 parent-per-player is welcome to watch indoor league games.
- Parents will bring in and take out (small) chairs if they want to sit. Otherwise standing room only.
- Hand sanitizer is required upon entry and exit from the building.
- Nordic will instill a zero tolerance policy on parents or players with symptoms - you will be asked to leave the building immediately.
- Entry and exit at NISC will be a 1-way system again; IN through the 'Hall of Fame' entrance - OUT through the Blue Ribbon area.
- Families can use the main parking area for drop off and pick up.
It is imperative that we all act in the best interests of our community. Nordic embraces the "we not me" philosophy, and if we all adhere to this then we will have a very successful Winter session.
Program Director | Nordic SC